The simple answer is no. It does not support countries apart from the US and the UK. Consequently, the currencies of those countries are also not supported by the app. At present, payments from America to the UK and vice-versa are only possible using this money exchange app. Find out more about how Cash App works outside of these nations and what to do if you cannot use it for international payments.
- Cash App does not work internationally. It is only in use for those in America and the UK.
- The company will expand to other places in Europe in the near future.
- You can employ a Cash App debit card or a Cash Card for withdrawing money or making payments in the US.
- After making your account unrestricted, you can use your Cash Card to spend wherever Visa is accepted.
- Some alternatives to transfer money internationally without the Cash App includes using a digital provider and sending an international bank wire.
Initially, this app was restricted only to the US. This could be seen on the service page of the official website. Here, it clearly says that it does not support money exchange with international recipients. However, things have slightly changed now.
Users can now make payments to recipients in the UK. On making a payment outside the United States, the application turns the payment from USD to GBP. It does so considering the current mid-market exchange price during payment creation.
Your recipient will get cash in GBP. You can dispatch money to friends, family, or colleagues in the UK without incurring any additional fees. In the US, you can only use the application to send money to those inside the 50 states. It implies that there isn’t the possibility of sending money to a military basis or US-owned properties in other areas.
The only difference between the app’s working in the US and the UK is that UK users do not yet have the Cash App card available.
POINT TO NOTE: Although Cash App is available to those in the US and UK, money exchange cannot occur between the two countries.
You already know the answer to the question, does the Cash App work internationally? If you want to do international transactions using this app, they cannot take place. Using a Cash App debit card, also known as the Cash Card, you can make domestic payments in the US.
After upgrading your account and verifying it, you can use it wherever Visa is supported.
The Cash App does not ask for a fee for most transactions. The standard transactions are entirely free of cost. The fee is only associated when you want to perform an instant transfer to your banking account or to a debit card linked to it. The app will charge a fee anywhere between 0.50% to 1.75% for the entire transfer amount. Here the minimum fee is $0.25.
If you want to evade this fee, pick the usual No Fee transfer. Although it will take a maximum of up to 3 days to complete, you won’t incur an additional fee.
Besides that, you will incur a fee when you use the Cash App card. For instance, if you use the card to withdraw money at an ATM, you will incur $2.
Cash App is not helpful at all for international transfers. But there are two main solutions for this. If you want to dispatch money abroad, you can use either a digital provider or resort to an international bank wire.
- There are many providers of digital international money transfers. These platforms are low-cost and provide you with a safe way to transfer funds across borders. Cash App users who want to pay money to someone outside the US or the UK can take the help of these providers. Some of the defining features of these providers include:
- User-friendly platforms have widespread accessibility and offer great convenience.
- The cost you will incur to send money across borders will vary between 0.5% and 2% in fees.
- Money will arrive overseas in one or two days. This time varies as per the provider. Through some providers, you can have your money arriving overseas in a few hours, while through others, it can take a few days.
- Use your bank to transfer money overseas. Although it is a less helpful way to transfer money, if you have no alternative, it’s the only means. Note that this option comes with exorbitant hidden fees that can be as high as $30.
- Can I use the Cash App in Europe?
Currently, Cash App is unavailable in any other European country besides the UK. So, you cannot use it if you reside in countries like Mexico, India, Denmark, Austria, Singapore, or Japan.
- Do global banks have Cash App?
You can link your Cash App only to an American or British bank account. Transferring money from the US or the UK to another country through Cash App is not possible.
You can use various alternatives to Cash App if you want to transfer money abroad regularly. The app will not be of much use to you if your money transfer needs do not fit into the existing policies of the app. Have you used Cash App for any purpose? If you face issues in using its features, feel free to consult a cryptocashapp expert.