Almost everyone uses the Cash App in the US today to exchange money. It has a user base of millions but out of them, not everyone has good intentions. Yes. You’ve heard it right. Many scammers fool innocent customers and make them send money accidentally
Later, when that person finds out what has been done, they ask how do I get my money back from Cash App.
The answer to this question is both yes and no. If you have sent money to a fraudster, your refund request will be denied. On the other hand, if the money was sent to someone trustworthy by mistake, they will definitely send it back to you. Here are some ways you can get your money back on the Cash App.
To get your money back, you must send a refund request to the person who has your money. If they approve it, you will get your cash. If it’s a merchant to whom you have paid money for something, then you must dispute the transaction with evidence. Cash App will look into it and help you get a refund.
Follow these resolutions to increase your chances of getting your money back.
Requesting a refund is the first step you should take.
- Open your Cash App.
- Now, press the Activity tab.
- Select the payment you want to get back.
- Hit the three dots symbol followed by ‘Refund.’
- Finally, press ‘OK.’
If your money has gone to a scammer, they will not approve the refund request. So, you must dispute the transaction. Use these steps.
- Hit the ‘Activity’ tab after opening the Cash App.
- Choose the payment you made.
- Touch the three dots button.
- Pick the ‘Need help & Cash App support’ option.
- Next, choose the ‘Dispute this transaction’ option.
- The Cash App support team will look into it.
Have you sent money by mistake to a merchant via Cash App? Disputing the transaction will help you get your money back.
- Go to Cash App on your phone.
- Choose the ‘Activity’ tab.
- Pick the transaction to dispute and hit the three dots icon.
- Now, press ‘Need Help & Cash App Support.’
- Choose ‘Dispute this transaction.’
Blocking the scammer’s account will prevent them from getting in touch with you in the future. Also, your bank officials should also be notified of the same.
- Find the scammer’s account on your Cash App.
- Tap the ‘Block’ or ‘Report’ label on their profile.
- Follow the prompts given by the Cash App.
- Now contact your bank to learn the next steps to take.
Sending and receiving money on a financial payments app like the Cash App is a very fast process. So, you must take the necessary precautions. It’s important to know whom you are sending payment to before completing the transaction. Use the various methods we have described to get your money back if you mistakenly send it to the wrong recipient. You can seek Cash App support if you think that your money has gone to a scammer.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Cash App gives no guarantee of refunding your money back if scammed. This is because payments are instant on the platform. You can give a refund request and hope to get a refund from the recipient.
No. Cash App payments are instant and non-reversible. If your payment receipt on the app shows a ‘Cancel’ option, you can touch it to cancel the payment. But this needs to be done immediately after you make the payment.
You can sue a scammer for scamming you on the Cash App at the Small Claims court. Send a demand letter and complete the necessary legal forms to file your case. Notify the defendant after your claim has been approved by the court.
Cash App dispute gets resolved almost instantly. In some cases, it will take around 3 to 15 business days to get fully resolved. The Cash App Customer Service team will review your case in this time and will keep you updated about how it is progressing.