Cash App was released a long while ago but has managed to retain its popularity. It is intuitive, easy to use, and packed with great features. However, problems are bound to arise at times. If you are one of those who made two accounts on the application but haven’t used them in a while, you might ask, how can I recover my Cash App account?
Well, there are ways to access your account on the app. You can do so if you have the email ID or contact number linked to your previous account. But if you don’t have access to these things, you can still recover your account by creating a new one.
Keep reading to learn about recovering Cash App accounts in more detail.
Accessing a Cash App account when you know the email ID or contact number linked with it is very easy. The process won’t take you much, over 10 minutes. Follow these pointers to recover your Cash App account.
- Access the application on your mobile.
- Now, hit the icon of the profile. It is present on the upper right area of the Cash App home screen.
- From here, choose the ‘Personal’ option.
- In the new screen, input the email ID or the mobile number linked to the Cash App account that you wish to recover.
- Now, you will receive a sign-in code. If you entered your email, expect to get the code in your email ID. But if you enter your mobile number, the code will come as a text message on your phone.
- Copy and paste the code to allow the verification process to take place.
- That is it! You have recovered your previous Cash App account. You are now signed into your Cash App.
You might wonder how to perform Cash App login without a number and email. You can recover your account by creating a new one.
- Create a new account with Cash App by registering yourself again.
- Give the needed personal details to activate your Cash Card.
- On the new screen, link your debit card and bank account connected to your old Cash App account.
- On the home screen of the app, hit the profile symbol.
- After that, tap ‘Support’ and choose the ‘Something Else’ option.
- Tell Cash App that you cannot log into your account.
- Hit the ‘Contact Support’ option.
- Submit this concern to Cash App via email.
- You will now get a confirmation email message from a customer support representative at Cash App.
- They will verify the information you have provided above.
- When the verification process is successful, the old Cash App account you cannot access will be combined with the new one.
- Now, you can access your Cash App.
Don’t worry if you cannot recall your Cash App login details, including the Cashtag. Recovering a Cash App account using Cashtag is possible with these steps.
- Launch the Cash App on your smartphone.
- Now, tap the ‘Sign in’ button.
- Tap the ‘Forgot Password?’ link.
- Now, enter the $Cashtag linked to your account.
- After that, tap ‘Next.’
- You’ll get a verification code on your email or phone number according to the method you choose.
- Enter the verification code to perform the verification.
- Now, create a new password to reset it.
- Lastly, log into Cash App using your $Cashtag and the new password.
If you can’t log in to your Cash App, you may try resetting the login password. To do so, you must reset your Cash App PIN. Follow these points:
- Tap the ‘Profile’ symbol on the home screen of the Cash App.
- Next, choose ‘Privacy & Security.’
- After that, hit the ‘Change Cash PIN’ option.
- Confirm this new PIN and log into Cash App.
Some people may deactivate their Cash App account and then want to reopen it at a later date. You can reactivate the Cash App easily with these steps.
- On Android or iPhone, open the Cash App.
- Tap the ‘Profile’ icon on it and choose ‘Support.’
- Now, tap ‘Something else.’
- Choose the ‘Can’t access old account’ option.
- Now, tap the ‘Contact Support’ button.
- Touch ‘Email’ and enter your email address.
- Explain that you wish to reactivate your account and tap ‘Continue.’
- Cash App will respond to you in four working days.
You will not have any problems recovering your Cash App account after following the procedures above. Regardless of whether you have access to your email ID or phone number, you can still recover your account. Let us know whether you were able to find success after following the methods above.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cash App payments are instant. So, once you send it, you can only recover it if the recipient agrees to refund. To request a refund, tap ‘Activity’ on the app and choose the payment. Now, touch the three-dots button and choose ‘Refund’ followed by ‘OK.’
It is not possible to have two Cash App accounts linked to the same mobile number. You can associate one Cash App account with various phone numbers and email addresses. If Cash App finds that you have given the same email and phone number associated with one of your accounts, they will ask you for additional confirmation to transfer the credentials to your existing account.
Examine whether you have entered the correct password and email ID. Alternatively, use Cash App in another browser. You can also clear the cache of your browser to log into this app.
You can dial 1-800-969-1940 to call Cash App support or use the in-app support feature. Touch the ‘Profile’ icon followed by ‘Support.’ Browse the different topics, choose a suitable one, and tap ‘Contact Support.’
If you have violated the rules of Cash App, your account will be closed. The account also gets closed when Cash App detects some suspicious activities in your account. If it detects that you are using your account for illegal purposes or haven’t provided identity verification documents, your account will be closed.