The Cash App is a feature-rich P2P money exchange app you can use with very little information. If you are an unverified user, you can simply download it and start using it. But if you desire to verify your account, it will prompt you for your Social Security Number or SSN.
Many people ask why does Cash App need my SSN. The app needs it to verify your identity. Verified users can leverage many additional features in the app that otherwise are not accessible. Also, giving this detail to the app makes it certain that you are not a false individual. It also prevents identity theft and allows tracking of financial fraud.
Read this article to learn in detail why you need to provide your SSN to the Cash App.
If you want to set up a verified account on the Cash App, you will need to give your SSN number. Not only does it facilitate the app to secure your identity, but you can also access various features after giving this detail.
One of the crucial characteristics is that you can increase your sending and receiving limits. The app makes it important for users to give their SSNs. With this detail, preventing fraudulent users and scams on the platform becomes easy. So, you should provide this detail without worrying about anything. The app will never reveal it to anyone else. Also, no member of the Cash App Support team will ever ask you for your SSN for any purpose.
To utilize the Cash App, you need to be at least 18 years. Through an SSN ID, the app can verify if you are 18 or above than that. Lastly, remember that Cash App is a payment investment platform, and so is required by Federal law to gather KYC and AML from its users. Legitimate finance-related applications are bound by law to get their users’ SSNs for security and verification.
You can use Cash App even without an SSN. However, you will face certain restrictions if you use the app without it. To use the app without an SSN:
- Connect your debit to your account on the app.
- If currently you aren’t a bank account owner, open an account to get your debit card.
- You don’t require your SSN to open a bank account.
- Now, in the app, access the ‘Send money’ tab.
- Choose the option ‘I don’t have an SSN.’
- Input the contact number of the recipient.
- Now, choose ‘Request’ or ‘Pay.’
- Your recipient will soon get a verification code.
- They must input this code into the relevant box to facilitate the transaction.
POINT TO NOTE – If you are utilizing the Cash App without your SSN, ensure to stay within the 7-day transaction limit. If you exceed this limit, you cannot finish the transaction.
Another way to avoid SSNs while using Cash App is to stay within the Cash App limits for unverified users. It means staying below sending $250 weekly or receiving not more than $1000. If you are fine with these limits, follow these points to use Cash App without SSN.
- Sign into the app on your phone.
- Hit the dollar symbol.
- After that, touch the ‘Send’ button.
- Enter the fund you want to send.
- It must be less than $250.
- Now, choose your recipient and hit the ‘Send’ button.
It isn’t possible to verify this application without an SSN. Giving the SSN number is mandatory for performing verification. So, if you want to increase your sending and receiving limits and also avail of other features of the app, don’t hesitate to provide your SSN.
The Cash App is a fully safe digital payment app. So, if you have security concerns preventing you from providing the SSN, let go of them.
This is a popular query that you can find in many forums online. This question stems from the non-Americans inability to use the Cash App. They think that the application will not verify them. However, the Cash App just takes over a day or two to review your verified data. It confirms with various credit bureaus to ensure that you are not pretending to be a US citizen. There’s only harm in using a fake SSN.
If you get caught (which you will be, eventually), you can end up serving a jail term of 15 years. This is a totally unethical practice and falls in the category of Federal offense.
Open the application and use this process to verify your identity.
- Sign into your account.
- Now head to the ‘Profile’ section.
- Go to the verification page.
- Touch your image to open your profile.
- Now, touch the ‘Personal’ option.
- Verify your account by giving the information below:
- Your name
- Your birth date
- Bank account number
- Expiration date
- Now, in the ‘Profile’ tab, input your SSN digits.
- After that, give a photo of your ID card.
- Finally, upload a selfie on the app to finish your verification.
- When the Cash App verifies your account, it will give you a confirmation message.
The need for an SSN by Cash App is for your own benefit. It also benefits the wider community. Moreover, you can increase your money-sending and receiving limits by giving your SSN and verifying your account. You can learn more details regarding it by calling a cryptocashapp expert.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I remove my SSN from my Cash App?
You can use Cash App without the SSN by not verifying your account. But if you have verified your account, removing your SSN is not possible.
- What happens if I cannot verify my identity on the Cash App?
It is not likely that you won’t be able to verify your identity. But if it happens, Cash App will ask you to give additional information or specific documents