The Cash App adheres to the California Consumer Privacy Act. It gives customers various options to monitor and control their private data. This popular mobile payment service lets you transfer and receive finances. It also records every transaction. Many people want to know how to delete Cash App history.
Remember that it is not possible to delete the transaction history in the app. You can, however, delete your account and personal information from it. So, deleting transaction history equates to deleting your account permanently. In this article, you will learn more about why you cannot delete history and the steps to delete and close your Cash App account.
How to Delete Cash App History: Reasons Why You Cannot
As mentioned above, the Cash App is a financial institution. It also is compliant with the California Consumer Privacy Act. The latter safeguards the personal data of customers. It also gives the right to access, remove, and opt out of that data distribution. These two policies clash with one another.
So, if you want to understand how to delete history on Cash App, you’ll need to shut down your Cash App account. You can do this using a web browser. You also have the option to download your personal data from the app.
How to Download Cash App Transaction History
If you are one of those who’d like to see the transaction history for themselves, downloading it is a good option. Here is the procedure to download the history.
- Head to the official Cash App website.
- Employ any web browser for this purpose.
- Then log in through your contact number or email.
- In case you have turned on two-factor authentication, you’ll get a code to enter.
- Input your Cash Pin.
- Now choose ‘Settings’ present on the screen’s left side.
- Go down and tap the ‘Your Info’ header.
- Now, choose the ‘Download Your Info’ option.
- To see your payment history, instead of downloading it, choose the ‘Activity’ tab.
- Now, choose ‘Statements.’
- It is present on the screen’s top-right portion.
- Now you can filter the selection to a particular month.
- Choose ‘Export CSV’ to export all transaction activity.
- You can view the downloaded file of the transaction history in Microsoft Excel.
- Here it is advised to record all the financial transactions somewhere.
- The history will contain every detail of your money transfers, such as the recipient transaction ID and others.
How to Delete Cash App History on Android and iPhone
Now that you know that you cannot delete your Cash App history, it’s time to do what is in your control. The safest way to go about eliminating the history is to delete the Cash App account permanently. Android users can delete their entire Cash App account using these steps.
- Firstly, open the app on your phone.
- After that, tap the ‘Profile’ icon. It is next to your name.
- Now, look at the list if choices.
- Here, select ‘Support.’
- From the drop-down menu, choose ‘Something Else.’
- Tap the ‘Account Settings’ option.
- After that, pick the ‘Close my Cash App account’ option.
- As the final step, choose ‘Confirm.’
- That’s it; now you know how to delete Cash App history on iPhone and Android.
How to Close the Cash App Account Directly?
After learning how to delete Cash App history by deleting your Cash App account, you must also know how to close the account directly. This is good for those who don’t want to follow the lengthy process of deleting their Cash App account. IPhone and Android users can use this method to close the Cash App account.
- Launch the Cash App on your mobile.
- Hit the icon of ‘Profile.’
- Scroll below and choose the ‘Support’ option.
- After that, choose ‘Something Else.’
- Choose ‘Account Settings.’
- Now, pick the ‘Close Your Cash App Account.’
- Hit ‘Confirm.’
How to Delete Someone from Cash App History
Removing a person from your Cash App account for any reason is quite simple. The app allows you to do it quickly. Both Android and iPhone device users can follow a similar set of instructions to remove someone from Cash App.
- Open the Cash App on your device.
- Now, tap on your ‘Profile’ icon. It is at the top-left corner.
- Go below the ‘People’ tab.
- Find the person to remove.
- Click ‘Remove.’
- After that, confirm this action by tapping ‘OK.’
- That’s it; you have now removed a person from your Cash App.
- Those you have removed cannot access your information. They can also not view your transaction information.
- The person you have removed will also get removed from your friend list.
- You cannot send or receive money from them.
Can you remove a family member from your Cash App?
Yes. It is very easy to remove a family member from this app. You can accomplish this process in a few easy steps.
- On the home screen of the app, click the ‘Profile’ icon.
- After that, choose ‘Family and Friends.’
- Locate the family member whom you wish to remove.
- After finding them, click their name.
- Now, go down and click ‘Remove (Person).’
- After you remove them, they cannot access your transaction history or account balance.
- Moreover, they can also not send or request cash from you.
Delete Cashtag from Cash App: Points to Remember
Deleting the cash tag will end its association with your account. But remember that persons with a link to your cash tag can view its content. Here is the process to delete the cash tag.
- On the home screen of the app, click the profile icon.
- From the list of options, choose ‘Personal.’
- Click the ‘Cashtags’ tab. It is present on the screen’s top with a $ icon.
- Locate the cashtag you wish to remove.
- Now, click on it.
- Click ‘Delete’ on the screen’s top-right portion. This option is present with a trash icon.
Cash App has been growing in popularity since 2021. However, many people still don’t know that deleting transaction history is not possible. You can only delete your account to achieve this objective. Use the steps above to delete your account or remove someone from the Cash App. If you want to get more details about the app, head over to Cryptocashapp.