Cash App figures at the top of the list of popular mobile payment services in the U.S. However, oftentimes users find problems in its functioning. It is common to find Cash App not working, wherein the app crashes doesn’t load, or fails to execute a particular action.
Both Android and iOS users have reported problems with using Cash App. It can happen due to an outdated Cash App version or the operating system of your device. In this article, you’ll discover the best fixes for it.
Fix 1: Restart the App on Your Device
One of the first things to do is restart Cash App. Restarting will reset its function and eliminate the Cash app down the problem.
- Swipe up and hold your finger from the bottom center portion of the screen.
- Scroll sideward to find Cash App.
- After finding it, flick its preview to close it.
- Now find Cash App on your home screen and relaunch it.
- View all the currently running apps.
- You can do so through the App Switcher button or by swiping up from the phone’s lower-left part.
- Swipe up on the preview window of Cash App to close it.
- Now head to the app library to find it again.
- Touch on its icon to open it.
Fix 2: Clear the Data Cache
If you still find Cash App not working on Android, the data cache might be the cause. You must clear the corrupt data cache to make the app work again.
Android users should follow these steps to eliminate the data cache.
- Launch the ‘Settings’ app.
- Now, tap ‘App.’
- Find and tap ‘Cash App.’
- After that, touch ‘Storage & Cache.’
- Next, hit ‘Clear cache.’
NOTE: App data cache cannot be removed in iPhone. Instead, you can delete the Cash App and download and use it again.
Fix 3: Update to the Latest Version of the Cash App
Your Cash App might be missing patches or incompatible with the operating system of your device. So, if you find Cash App not working even after restarting the app and clearing the cache, update it.
Android users can get the latest version of the app from the Google Play Store. iPhone users can use the Apple Play Store to update their Cash App.
- In the Google Play Store, touch the ‘User’ icon. It is at the top-right part of the screen.
- The Play Store menu will show up.
- Choose ‘Manage Apps & Devices.’
- Head to the ‘Manage’ tab.
- Now, tap ‘Updates Available.’
- Select ‘Cash App.’
- Tap ‘Update.’
- Your app will get updated.
- Restart your phone after the Cash App updates.
- Open Cash App and see if it is showing any issues.
Fix 4: Find If the Cash App Server Is Down
Are you wondering, ‘Is Cash App not working today? It may be possible that the service is down. If this is the case, every Cash App user will find connectivity problems. To check whether the Cash App service is offline, head to Downdetector.com. You can also check the status page of Cash App to find whether its different services, such as Direct Depots, Cash Cards and Send & Receive Money, are working properly or not.
Fix 5: Update Your Google Play Store
If Google Play Store is outdated, it will negatively affect the working of various apps. You will find Cash App not working on Android in this case. So, update Google Play Store and make the Cash App function smoothly again.
- Open the menu of Google Play Store.
- Now launch ‘Settings’ and choose ‘About.’
- Hit the ‘Play Store Version’ option.
- Install the available updates.
- If you already use the Google Play Store of the latest build, you’ll find a prompt that it has the latest version.
- After you update Google Play Store, restart your Android phone.
- Open Cash App and see if you face any issues.
Fix 6: Upgrade the Operating System of Your Phone
If your device’s operating system isn’t updated, it may be the reason why Cash App isn’t working. Android and iPhone users can update the operating system of their devices with these points.
- Charge your Android phone and ensure that it has a connection with the Wi-Fi.
- Now choose ‘About phone.’
- Launch ‘System Update’ and select ‘Check for Updates.’
- If the updates are available, let them install.
- After your operating system updates, start your phone and see if Cash App works properly.
- Fix the Cash App not working on iPhone by turning on automatic updates.
- Head to ‘Settings’ and choose the ‘General’ option.
- Now select ‘Software Update.’
- Click ‘Automatic Updates.’
- Now enable ‘Download iOS Updates.’
- Enable ‘Install iOS Updates.’
- Your phone will get updated to the current iOS version automatically.
Fix 7: Restart Your Android or Ios Device
Sometimes, your Android phone or iPhone may have a glitch preventing apps like Cash App from functioning. Most probably, the RAM is full and so your device is showing a sluggish performance. Reopening different apps can work in this case. But if it doesn’t, restart your device.
Long-press the ‘Power’ button on your phone and let it turn off. After opening the device, check if you still find Cash App not working.
Fix 8: Update the PIN
Updating the PIN can make it problematic for you to use Cash App. So, update or change the PIN in an easy-to-remember credential. After that, use the Cash App like you usually do.
Fix 9: Contact the Bank
Sometimes, transaction-related problems can also prevent the Cash App from working. Some bank-related reasons preventing Cash App from working include the following.
- Insufficient funds in your bank account.
- Bank not identifying your Cash App account.
- Your account is not authorized.
In all these cases, check in with your bank and find where the problem lies.
Now whenever your Cash App malfunctions, don’t loads, crash, or freeze, use these measures. The fixes will troubleshoot the glitch with the app so you can use it normally. Consult a cryptocashapp expert if you need more details about Cash App or any specific measure.