Usually, it does not take people to send and receive money in the blink of an eye using Cash App. However, sometimes you may find an incomplete transaction, which means that your payment is pending. In such a case, you might wonder, why is my Cash App payment pending?
There can be various reasons for this issue. Sometimes, factors beyond your control can keep your payments stuck in a pending state. Apart from that, you can also be a victim of a Cash App scam, wherein someone may create a fake screenshot of a cash receipt to deceive you.
Keep reading to find out more about the payment issue in Cash App and how to clear it.
There are various possible causes for this issue. If you are asking why is Cash App payment pending, here are the major culprits.
- A weak internet connection is hindering the payment to go through.
- You haven’t completed the verification process and have the Cash App pending status.
- The Cash App servers are experiencing problems or are under maintenance. This may cause your payment to become pending for a prolonged period.
- You are using a new Cash App account, and it is not yet fully set up and verified.
- You have made a fraudulent transaction, which the app has declined.
6 Methods to Fix Cash App Payment Pending Problem
After knowing the reasons, you can begin troubleshooting them one by one.
Method 1. Find out if Cash App is down
Have you sent funds to your friends or family members, or have they sent you money, but the transaction status shows pending? In this case, the problem is with the Cash App server. It will get resolved as soon as the servers function.
You can visit https://status.cash.app/ to find the status of the server. Do not be worried if the server status is down; the support team may have already started working on it.
Method 2. Fix the network issues
If the servers are fine, but the payment status is still pending on Cash App, it points to network issues. Check whether your internet connection is weak.
Switch to a better Wi-Fi source. The Wi-Fi lights should be on and blinking. Restart your modem and router, and check if wires and cables are loose or damaged.
If these things don’t work, contact your internet service provider. When the network issues get fixed, your payment will be sent.
Method 3. Verify your account and check if you’ve exceeded the transfer limit
The Cash App won’t let you send greater amounts of money if your account is unverified. So, if you are sending an amount of over $1000, but it is not getting through, check whether your account is verified.
To verify your account, you need a valid ID. Go to your Cash App profile and tap the ‘Verify account’ button. Now input relevant information such as your social security number, date of birth, a selfie, and your ID photo.
Method 4. Cancel the pending payment
The Cash App payments are instant. But in your case, if the payment is still pending, it’s a better option to cancel it.
Follow this process to know how to cancel the Cash App payment that is pending.
- Open your phone and access the Cash App.
- On its home screen, click the ‘Activity’ tab.
- Find the payment that you want to cancel.
- After identifying it, click it.
- On the menu with payment details, click ‘…’ in the upper-right part.
- Choose ‘Cancel a payment’ and hit ‘OK.’
- That’s it; you now know how to clear a pending payment on Cash App.
- If you don’t find this option, submit a request for a payment refund.
Method 5. Check if your account has been flagged
If Cash App suspects that your attempted payment is dubious or fraudulent, they will flag your account. So, you will wonder about your Cash App payment pending.
This is a system setting placed to safeguard people from hacking attempts. Use the following tips to prevent Cash App from flagging your account.
- Build a healthy transaction history by employing your Cash App account regularly.
- Link credit and debit cards in your name to Cash App.
- Avoid exchanging money with unknown people.
Method 6. Contact the Cash App customer support.
If you cannot discern the solution to your payment getting stuck in Cash App, contact customer support. On your profile in the Cash App, tap the ‘Support’ button. The verified support number is 1-800-969-1940.
You can also connect with the support team through Cash App’s social media profiles on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Twitch, and Facebook.
How Long Will It Take for a Pending Cash App Payment to Clear
If you need to urgently send someone money but are facing issues, it is natural to want to know how long a pending payment take on Cash App.
If the issue is not big, the payment will not take more than 48 hours to clear. But if network issues or problems over the payment prevail, the pending status will not go away for a long period of time.
If this happens, contact the Cash App support team.
You won’t feel worried now whenever you see your payment pending on the Cash App. Use the fixes above and contact the customer support team if nothing works. You can also connect with a Cryptocashapp expert to learn in greater detail about different issues in the app.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the Cash App payment pending screenshot scam?
This screenshot scam is a way by which scammers steal the personal information of Cash App users. Usually, they send a fake Cash App statement saying that they’ve got a payment and include a screenshot of the Cash App. Here, the payment is shown as pending. But on clicking the link, you get directed to a website that asks for your personal information.
2. How to accept pending payments on Cash App?
To accept a pending payment in the Cash App, you don’t have to do anything. When a pending payment gets completed, the amount goes into your Cash App balance automatically.
If you cannot receive the money, it must have been sent to another email address, phone number, or $ Cashtag associated with you. To find it, click your profile icon and choose ‘Personal.’ Input any missing email ID or phone number to claim your payment.
Various reasons, such as network issues, account verification, and fraudulent activities, are behind pending payments on the Cash App. So, check for these causes and get your payment cleared.
- How to Delete Cash App History
- Where Can I Load My Cash App Card Quickly?
- Cash App Not Working
- How to Borrow Money From Cashapp
- Cash App Transfer Failed
- How to link the cash app to TikTok