The Cash App is easy to configure and makes the process of sending and receiving money free of hassles. But it also runs into issues many times. You may find your Cash App payment completed but not received. Naturally, you may feel perturbed on having completed a transaction only to find the recipient not receiving it.
It can also make you feel confused because you have literally spent your money from your balance. But when you know the factors that cause this issue resolving it will become easier.
Continue reading to find out how to tackle this Cash App payment problem.
Behind the Causes of Cash App Payment Completed But Not Received
Why is my Cash App payment pending must be a prominent question on your mind if your recipient is complaining about not getting money. Here’s a list of reasons that can be behind the payment pending issue.
- Your internet connection is weak, or you are disconnected.
- The Cash App servers are down, which is making it difficult to process your payment.
- Your card has reached its expiration date.
- Errors in typing the details of the recipient can also cause an issue.
- If your Cash App balance is insufficient, the payment will not be processed.
- Cash App has flagged your account because they suspect fraudulent transactions.
- Cash App may have flagged your recipient’s account.
- You have exceeded the payment limit that Cash App recommends.
- If you choose the Standard Deposit payment method, you will see ‘Pending Payment’ marked because standard deposits take a few working days before the fund arrives in the bank account.
6 Fixes to Cash App Payment Completed But Not Received Issue
You now know all the major causes of your Cash App showing payment pending. Follow these resolutions to fix it.
1. Troubleshoot connection issues
An unstable internet connection is one of the most common reasons for payments to be pending. Ensure that you have a good internet connection before starting the transaction.
An unstable internet is likely to interrupt this process. If the connection disconnects at any point in the middle of the transaction, your payment will not go through.
2. Find the missing payment
Sometimes, the payment is sent to a different phone or email. If you still find the payment missing, locate it through this process.
- Access your Cash App.
- Now click the ‘Profile’ icon on the home screen.
- After that, choose ‘Personal.’
- Input the missing phone number or address.
3. Find out if the server cannot be reached
In certain cases, the Cash App server and your bank server cannot connect. When they fail to communicate, it leads to connectivity issues. This has a direct impact on your Cash App experience.
Although this does not happen frequently, if your payment is pending, you must look into it. If you suspect this problem, first, contact your bank and then the Cash App support team. You will find your problem resolved.
4. Check whether there are insufficient funds.
If your balance cannot cover the payment you need to make, you will find the transaction pending. So, check whether you have insufficient funds.
It is easy to overlook this point because nobody likes to find out whether their account balance is low. However, the Cash App will make your payment stuck till you recharge the balance.
The transaction will only proceed when your account has sufficient funds. You can add money to your Cash App Card with these points.
- Launch Cash App.
- Press the ‘My Cash’ tab. It is at the bottom-left part.
- Now, hot ‘Add Cash.’
- Input an amount to go into your Cash App balance.
- Confirm it using your PIN or Touch ID.
5. Fix the typographical error
Are you entering the Cashtag and phone number of your recipient correctly? If there’s even a single typing error, the payment is bound to fail.
Also, if you are wondering if can completed Cash App payment be reversed, the answer is no. Cash App cannot refund the payment if you’ve made a typing error and sent the funds to the wrong account. You can only request the recipient for a refund.
6. Update your Cash App
The Cash App releases updates periodically. These help the app to function better. It also reduces your chances of facing errors such as the payment pending.
So, if you’ve been encountering failed transaction attempts, it’s worthwhile to check whether the app needs an update. Either uninstall or reinstall the app or go to the relevant App Store and find if there’s an update pending.
Those wondering why is my Cash App payment pending should be aware of the time it takes for the app to finish a transaction.
- If you are making a purchase through the app, the transaction will take approximately five minutes.
- Payments between one Cash App account to another are completed instantaneously.
- These are made through the Standard Deposit and Instant Deposit methods. As mentioned before, Standard Deposit takes a few days, while Instant Deposits are automatic.
- If you are withdrawing money from your Cash App account to your card or bank account, the time mainly depends on your chosen withdrawal option.
It is really frustrating to find that what you thought was a completed payment is not received by the recipient. But the problem has simple fixes. If you want to know more about this problem or any other aspect of Cash App, visit https://www.cryptocashapp.co/
1. Why Is It Taking So Long for Cash App to Send Me Money?
The Cash App supports sending funds instantly. However, if you are using a debit card that does not support the transaction networks that the Cash App uses, sending funds to your bank account will not be instant. It’ll take close to 1-3 business days.
2. How to accept money on Cash App?
Accepting money on Cash App is not challenging. To accept it, tap the ‘Accept’ option. Confirm the action by tapping the button for the same. Lastly, tap ‘Done.’
3. Can my Cash App transaction fail after it is completed?
Your Cash App transaction can fail if you go over the daily limit of sending money. Also, if your Cash App is not updated to the latest version, you will find the transaction failed error.
- How to Delete Cash App History
- Where Can I Load My Cash App Card Quickly?
- Cash App Not Working – Use These Fixes Now!
- How to Borrow Money From Cashapp