Cash App is a secure peer-to-peer payment platform that you can use to avail of loans and exchange small amounts of money. But sometimes, you may notice the error Cash App unable to sign in on this device. The error can be confusing because it is hard to ascertain its reasons.
However, since the app has become increasingly crucial to exchange money, any problem in its working can make the day difficult. In this post, you will find out why Cash App is unable to sign in on your device.
After that, we will give you some good troubleshooting techniques for it.
What Makes the Cash App Unable to Sign in on This Device Error?
Here are the key causes for this issue, so you can determine a solution quickly.
- Bad internet connection and insecure network connections – Weak signal strength cannot support the working of Cash App. If your phone is linked to an unverified public network, then also you will face sign-in issues.
- Your Cash App is not up-to-date – Older versions of the app malfunction and so it is essential to use the app of the latest build.
- You’ve signed into multiple devices – Multi-device sign-in implies that you are logging in on different devices simultaneously with a single account. This results in Cash App being unable to sign in on device.
- Multiple apps are running in the background – Multiple apps that run in the background can disguise the location data. It makes your sign-in attempt untrustworthy. Some of these apps are also incompatible with the Cash App.
- A problem in the iOS system – If you are continuously finding Cash App unable to sign in, it can be because of a bug or glitch in your iOS system.
7 Solutions for Cash App Unable to Sign in Problem
Now use these fixes so that Cash App can sign in on your device.
1. Ensure that you have a speedy internet connection
A good internet connection won’t let you face any problems with accessing the Cash App. If you use public Wi-Fi, change to a home network. If using cellular data, restart your phone to increase the signal strength. You can also contact your internet service provider or upgrade to a new plan for better internet connectivity.
2. Reset the password
You may find the Cash app unable to sign in on your device even when you are logging in with the right credentials. In such a case, try to reset the password and see if that fixes sign-in issues.
- Access the settings of your phone.
- Here, go to Apps & Notifications and then choose ‘All.’
- Go down till you see Cash App.
- Touch to open it.
- Now click on the gear icon present on the upper-right part.
- Now choose ‘Reset password.’
- Input the password of your preference and tap ‘OK.’
- Besides this, give correct answers to the security questions.
- If you are still unable to access the login screen, reset it.
- Head to ‘Settings’ followed by ‘General.’
- Chose ‘Rest’ followed by ‘Erase everything.’
- Input another passcode and touch ‘Next.’
3. Log out of all other devices
A good Cash App unable to sign in on this device solution is closing the running apps on your mobile. On the iPhone, double-press the ‘Home’ button. Alternatively, swipe up from the end of the screen and wait as you press the screen.
On an Android smartphone, hit the ‘Home’ button. You must also turn off the VPN hiding your location. If you are signing on from outside the US or UK, your sign-in attempts will be blocked.
4. Use the Forgot Password option
Sometimes, using the Forgot Password option can make Cash App sign in on your device. This is ideal for those who cannot remember the device they logged into before. Use the Forgot Password option on the new device. Set a new Cash App password. When you do this, Cash App will automatically log out of other devices. After that, log into Cash App on the new device.
5. Do not log in and log out of Cash App very quickly
Cash App does not allow you to log in to your device if you sign in and sign out of it very quickly. This is especially important for users with multiple Cash App accounts. They generally sign in and sign out on these devices very fast.
As a good measure, you can reinstall the Cash App. Alternatively, use another device to log into your account.
6. Modify the time zone.
Another workaround for the Cash App unable to sign in on this device error is changing the time zone. Change it to your current location.
- Move to ‘Settings’ and choose the ‘Date and Time’ option.
- Remove the tick from the ‘Use automatic time zone’ option.
- Touch the ‘Time zone’ option.
- Below the ‘Region’ option, select the right time zone.
- Head to ‘Settings’ followed by ‘General.’
- Choose the ‘Date & Time’ option.
- Disable the ‘Set automatically’ option.
- Choose the time zone and input the city with the time zone you want.
7. Delete app cache
Too much cache in the Cash App can also lead to sign-in issues. So, clear the app cache to fix the Cash App unable to sign-in issue on your device.
- Move to ‘Settings’ and choose ‘Applications.’
- Locate Cash App and click it.
- Now tap the ‘Storage and cache’ option.
- After that, touch the ‘Clear cache’ option.
- These are general settings you can use to clear the cache on various devices.
Use these fixes when you find the Cash App unable to sign on this device error. Checking the internet connection, installing the updated version of the Cash App, and signing out of Cash App from other devices are some good solutions. But if nothing else works, contact Cash App customer support.
- How to Delete Cash App History
- Where Can I Load My Cash App Card Quickly?
- Cash App Not Working
- How to Borrow Money From Cash App
- Cash App Transfer Failed
- How to link the cash app to Tiktok
- How to Delete Cash App Account
- How to Check Cash App Balance
Frequently Asked Questions
Updating the Cash App is a simple way to make Cash App sign in on your iPhone. Head over to the App Store and find out if Cash App has a new release. Get the new update and log in using your account.
Yes, you can sign in on Cash App on two devices. But do not do so if you want to withdraw money from an account and deposit money into your account. Log in using your identification and password and Cash App will respond.