Cash App has a massive customer base of over 40 million active users. You can effortlessly and safely exchange money with the help of this payment service. A great feature of the app is that both verified and unverified people can exchange money. The only condition is that unverified users have some restrictions in conducting money transfers. When you know how to verify your identity on Cash App, you can surpass these conditions and enjoy many other benefits.
This article will take you through everything you must know about verifying identity on the Cash App. You will learn about the time it takes and the problems you can encounter in this process.
Points to Note Before Verifying Identity on Cash App
Before you ask how to verify my identity on Cash App, you must note certain things. Without them, you cannot verify your identity.
- You must be above 18 years of age.
- You must possess a social security number.
- Users must give their date of birth.
POINT TO NOTE: If you are under 18 and want to know how to verify Cash App, you will need to share your parent or guardian’s name. The user must be a legal guardian and not simply a known one.
The Steps to Verifying Your Identity on Cash App
After knowing the points above, you must be curious to know how to verify your identity on Cash App. Here are the points to follow for verifying identity.
- Launch the Cash App on your smartphone.
- Now, hit the ‘Balance’ tab.
- Locate the fund’s section.
- Here, choose the ‘Add card’ tab.
- Go by the on-screen guidelines.
- Give your information, such as your name, card number, birth date, the expiration date of the card, and CVV.
- Now, give the SSN by going over to your profile.
- Give access to the camera on Cash App.
- Snap a picture of a government-approved document, such as a driver’s license.
- Submit the request.
- Now, wait for around 24 hours for the confirmation to arrive.
- You can use the on-screen instructions to end the process.
How to Verify My Identity on Cash App Without Identity Document?
If you don’t have any identity document or SSN, you cannot verify your identity on the app. When you try using a fake ID, the app will terminate your account. If you need to send/receive money urgently but don’t have ID proof, you can still do that. But you can only send up to $250 in one week.
Within a month, you can only receive $1000. If you want to exchange money over these limits, you will need to give ID proof.
Can You Verify Identity on Cash App Bitcoin?
Once you know how to verify your identity on Cash App, you become eligible for the Cash App Bitcoin too.
The process to verify identity on the Cash App Bitcoin is the same as the one explained before. Follow the exact process to leverage the Cash App Bitcoin feature.
How Much Time Does the Cash App Verification Process Take?
After submitting the needed information, it won’t take long for your account to be verified. Usually, the verification process takes place instantly. But if that doesn’t happen, wait for around 48 hours. If nothing happens after this period, connect with Cash App Support.
How to Fix Cash App Verification Failed
It is essential to get your Cash App account verified to exchange money or increase your account limit. However, sometimes you may follow the right process but find the app not verifying your identity. In such a case, you will ask, ‘why can’t Cash App verify my identity?
Some prominent reasons for it can be that you are underage or have given incorrect personal details. Sometimes, the scanned photo is unclear, which prevents your identity from getting verified.
Other times, a technical issue might be the cause. Use these measures to fix these causes.
- If you are under 18 years, you cannot carry out the Cash App verification process. The app will reject you on the grounds of eligibility.
- Ensure that the scanned image of your photo is crisp and clear. After doing that, check whether the numbers on your ID or driver’s license look vague.
- If they aren’t clear, you will definitely encounter the Cash App verification failed error.
- Enter your name correctly without committing any spelling mistakes. There should be a single correct spelling of your name as per your application and official ID.
- If you enter a spelling different from the one in your ID, the verification process won’t happen.
- Next, find out if your social security number is correct. It is a crucial detail for verifying the Cash App account.
- Lastly, find out if there are any server issues causing this problem. Sometimes, the Cash App servers won’t work, preventing you from verifying your identity.
- Update Cash App. Not using the most updated version can lead to this problem. So, go to App Store or Play Store and look for an update.
- Contact Cash App Support if you have tried all the measures but cannot verify your identity.
- However, keep this as a last resort after being fully confident of providing the right details.
The process for verifying identity on Cash App on Android and iPhone is quite simple. Just ensure that you have the necessary details with you. What you enter must be accurate. Update the Cash App if you are not using the latest version. To learn more about this or any similar process, reach out to a Cryptocashapp expert.
- How to Delete Cash App History
- Where Can I Load My Cash App Card Quickly?
- Cash App Not Working
- How to Borrow Money From Cash App
- Cash App Transfer Failed
- How to link the cash app to Tiktok
- How to Delete Cash App Account
- How to Check Cash App Balance
Frequently Asked Questions
Under-18 users should give their phone numbers, guardian or parent’s name, Cashtag, and email ID. The app will prompt underage users when it detects their age. You must ensure that you give the correct guardian’s name. This person will be the responsible owner of the account till you reach 18 years. So, the authorized guardian or your parent can view all your transactions.
Many users are hesitant to give their phone numbers for the Cash App verification process. They are scared of their private information leaking elsewhere. If you want to prevent it, use a virtual or fake number to bypass the Cash App verification code. Your actual mobile number is part of your personal information, which must be in the right hands
Once you conduct the account verification process and Cash App verifies it, you will get an email and app notification. Besides, you can now avail of various features such as Direct Deposit and Cash App Bitcoin Wallet. You can also exchange stocks for $1 and use the Borrow Money feature. It will also increase your daily spending limit.